DetailsThe Smith Creek Rod Clip is a wearable, fishing rod holder and holds your rod securely out the way to free both your hands while your fishing to change your fly, swap lures and get that all important shot of you holding your trophy fish.
This tool can be used by anglers who have a Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, Bass, Spin or Saltwater set up and uses a pin to effortlessly clip onto your vest or jacket. Clip it onto the left or right side of your chest, whichever is more comfortable and simply place your rod into the soft clip area.
This clip securely and safely holds your rod in place so it does not knock free and the clip is attached to a zinger so your rod can gently hang by your side. Your rod will slip into the clip with ease and you can even clip your line in with your rod so your line doesn’t slip through the ferrules.
The clip allows you to be hands free when you need it while fishing and allows you to change your fly, swap your lures around, bait up and frees your hands to safely hold your prized catch for a nice photograph. The clip also keeps your rod and reel out of the mud, sand and salt too!
Made from strong, anodised aluminium and UV resistant materials, the rod clip is highly durable and has a light, compact design. The zinger is made to a high quality specification and is tested to over 50,000 pulls without failing for maximum performance.
The Smith Creek Rod Clip is an incredibly handy and clever little tool that will change the way you fish forever. This clip is available in different colour options that you can select from our drop down menu.
Holds your rod securely out of the way
Leaves your hands completely free
Securely holds rod in place
Rod can't accidentally knock free
Keeps rod out the mud, sand and salt
Compact and lightweight design
Rugged Smith Creek quality
Anodised marine grade aluminium and
UV resistant materials
Highest spec zinger
Over 50,000 zinger pulls without failing
Great for Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, Bass, Spin or Saltwater set up
Not suitable for big game or surfcasting rods
- Product Video
- Size Charts
Gender No Brand Smith Creek Stock Location U Pack Size No Size No
What our customers say..
5 reviews written by our visitors
- Fantastic bit of kit. Does exactly what it is supposed to, holds your rod. No issues, no problem, doesn't fall out and provides a nice easy way to hold your rod when you are changing flies or just need your hands free for a minute. Much easier than holding a rod under your arm or resting it in mud and gravel. Wish I'd bought this years ago and it will now be my "Go to" gift for other anglers. Review by Chris (Created 10/06/2019)
- This is a cracking little product that lets you clip your rod in and leaves your hands free when out in the river. Well made with a quality zinger that keeps it in place. Review by Stephen (Created 18/03/2019)
- As a new comer to fly fishing I found that there was nowhere safe to place the rod when changing a fly, trying to grasp it between my arm and torso was a recipe for disaster. A mate recommended this, I was unsure at first due to seemingly high cost and more to carry but this has changed my fishing, it’s a bit pricey but a broken rod is more expensive the simplicity is just genius. I would honestly say this is the best bit of gadgetry I own for fly fishing! Review by Andy (Created 28/11/2018)
- If you're like me, every time you are landing a fish, rummaging in the flybox, changing the fly or tippet, yada, yada, yada, the rod goes on the bank or worse, on a hard stony or sandy bank. It's a miracle I haven't stood on it yet and my reels are pretty scratched up. This is a great idea to save from all sorts of potential mishaps. I haven't used this wading yet but think this will also save heading back to the beach/bank/boat rather than risking losing the rod. Nice useful gift for the fisher who already has almost all the gear. Review by Kaz (Created 22/11/2018)
- Great product, will hold the rod in whatever position I need it in. Perfect for wading, and arrived early ! Review by Christopher (Created 08/06/2018)
- Why Shop With Us?