Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and successful business established as a small father & son outfit in 1999, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable in store sales team are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. Training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available in the angling retail industry in a relaxed and non-pressurised manner.
- Behind the scenes we have our own, in-house dedicated team of web developers and content editors maintaining our e-commerce website. This is populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us, inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email help desk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the order dispatch team is committed to providing immediate turn-around of our distance sales, accurately and professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
Current Positions Available
Angling Active is seeking a full time “Web Admin - Product & Customer Support Specialist”
Are you an experienced angler, looking to share your passion? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Full time 40hrs p/w, Salary – competitive dependant on experience
Regular weekend work
Reports to: Office Manager
- Generate e-commerce website content
- Improve and update existing web content
- Work to build traffic and sales via our website
- Write product descriptions
- Edit product images
- Provide sales assistance to customers via email and telephone
- Answer incoming calls and process customer orders
You will be working as part of our small and dedicated office team and have a strong customer service role. This role will also involve creating product listings to help improve our website growth.
These are the two distinct areas of responsibility within the role:
1 - Assisting customers with their enquiries by telephone and email and taking telephone orders.
2 - Working with the support of your colleagues, you will create, update and improve our product listings to provide customers with accurate and interesting information on the products we sell.
As we are a small organisation, a flexible attitude to the role is expected and we will provide the opportunity to grow and advance with the company's success.
- Experience in angling would be a high advantage
- Experience using a CMS would be a high advantage
- Working hours are 5 days per week, 09:00 to 17:30 - including regular weekend hours.
- A 3 month trial period applies.
- Strong customer service and administration skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be enthusiastic with a good work ethic
- Have a keen eye for detail
All applications are to be directed to the Managing Director by email only, please apply by sending an email with a covering letter and C.V. to email@example.com