Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and successful business established as a small father & son outfit in 1999, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable in store sales team are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. Training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available in the angling retail industry in a relaxed and non-pressurised manner.
- Behind the scenes we have our own, in-house dedicated team of web developers and content editors maintaining our e-commerce website. This is populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us, inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email help desk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the order dispatch team is committed to providing immediate turn-around of our distance sales, accurately and professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
Current Positions Available
We are looking for a new staff member to join our fast paced mail order department based at the Stirling branch in Central Scotland. You will be working as part of a growing team picking and processing internet orders quickly and efficiently.
Order picking and packing experience in a similar position is an advantage but not essential. Good English and numeracy skills are essential for the role.
As a key part of the Angling Active team, it is important that you are passionate about angling, with an interest in all types of fishing and the countryside.
Working hours are 5 days per week 9 am till 5:30pm, with at least one day of weekend work per week.
Trial period applies.
We require the ideal candidate to:
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- Have good English and numeracy skills.
- Be competent in the use of computers.
- Learn the store layout and product range.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment where deadlines are crucial.
- Able to work a 40 hour week including weekends.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
To be considered for the position you must include a cover letter and CV with your application.
Apply for this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org