Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and successful business established as a small father & son outfit in 1999, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable in store sales team are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. Training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available in the angling retail industry in a relaxed and non-pressurised manner.
- Behind the scenes we have our own, in-house dedicated team of web developers and content editors maintaining our e-commerce website. This is populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us, inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email helpdesk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the positive and experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the order dispatch team is committed to providing immediate turn-around of our distance sales, accurately and professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
We are always looking out for the next candidate to bring their talent to our team and diversify our skill-set further. If you feel you have something to contribute to the future success of the business, we want to hear from you.
Apply by emailing email@example.com
You must include a cover letter and CV.
Current Positions Available
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for someone looking for part time work that relates to his or her passion of fishing.
As a key part of the Angling Active team, you will be passionate about angling and have an interest in all types of fishing and the countryside. Angling Active is renowned across the UK and further afield for the highest level of service that consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations. It’s through your willingness to meet these customer service levels that you; both individually and as part of the team; will make sales and drive the stores profitability.
Trial period applies.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Learn and know the store inside-out to comfortably guide customers to the correct products.
- Utilise your knowledge and experience of fishing, along with the in-store training; to ensure your customer chooses the most suitable product for their needs, sourced from our entire range.
- Be fully aware and confident in using the website, blog, social media platforms and YouTube channel.
- Be fully aware and confident in using a PC, writing emails in formal English, and you must be willing to learn how to read our stock handling system.
- Till and Cash handling training will be provided.
- Have an up to date knowledge of local fisheries, guides and/or clubs, to help provide customers with advice and support, as required.
- Be constantly aware of the stores shop-floor standards, and maintain the required levels for all displays and merchandise.
- Refill stock levels as required, ensuring that all products are on display in the correct locations and brought forward on the pegs.
- Proactively identify and suggest ideas for improvement to the management.
- Impeccable time keeping.
- Good numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Good levels of personal grooming and presentation.
- Previous Retail Store experience would be a huge benefit, not essential.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Willing to learn.
- Own (or have access to) reliable transport to our semi-rural location just outside Stirling.
Apply for this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You must include a cover letter and CV.