Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and successful business established as a small father & son outfit in 1999, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable in store sales team are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. Training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available in the angling retail industry in a relaxed and non-pressurised manner.
- Behind the scenes we have our own, in-house dedicated team of web developers and content editors maintaining our e-commerce website. This is populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us, inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email help desk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the order dispatch team is committed to providing immediate turn-around of our distance sales, accurately and professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
Current Positions Available
We are looking for a competent office administrator to join our our established retail / eCommerce business based in Stirling in Central Scotland. You will be working as part of our small and dedicated office team.
The role will involve two distinct areas of responsibility:
- Assisting customers with their enquiries by telephone and email and taking telephone orders.
- Working with the support of your colleagues, you will create, update and improve our product listings to provide readers with accurate, interesting information on the products we sell.
As this is a small organisation, a flexible attitude to the role is expected and will provide the opportunity to grow and advance with the companies success.
Experience in angling would be an advantage but is not essential provided the candidate shows an interest in learning the sport and accompanying product range.
Working hours are 5 days per week, 09:00 to 17:30. Weekend hours may be available if preferred. Trial period applies.
- Strong customer service and administration skills.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic with a good work ethic.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
To be considered for the position, you must include a cover letter and CV when applying.
Apply for this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Assistant – Part Time – Dunfermline
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for someone looking for a weekend job that relates to his or her passion of fishing. The Angling Active team are ready to welcome someone new and teach them as much as they can.
As part of the Angling Active team, you will be passionate about angling and have an interest in all types of fishing and the countryside. Angling Active is renowned across the UK and further afield for the highest level of service that consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations. It’s through your willingness to meet these customer service levels that you; both individually and as part of the team; will make sales and drive the stores profitability.
We are currently looking for a part time Sales Assistant to work 16 hours a week (one mid week shift and one weekend shift). This would be a perfect role for someone at college looking for a part time job.
Trial period applies.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Learn and know the store inside-out to comfortably guide customers to the correct products.
- Utilise your knowledge and experience of fishing, along with the in-store training; to ensure your customer chooses the most suitable product for their needs, sourced from our entire range.
- Be fully aware and confident in using the website, blog, social media platforms and YouTube channel.
- Be fully aware and confident in using a PC, writing emails in formal English, and you must be willing to learn how to read our stock handling system.
- Till and Cash handling training will be provided.
- Have an up to date knowledge of local fisheries, guides and/or clubs, to help provide customers with advice and support, as required.
- Be constantly aware of the stores shop-floor standards, and maintain the required levels for all displays and merchandise.
- Refill stock levels as required, ensuring that all products are on display in the correct locations and brought forward on the pegs.
- Proactively identify and suggest ideas for improvement to the management.
- Impeccable time keeping.
- Good numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Good levels of personal grooming and presentation.
- Previous Retail Store experience would be a huge benefit, not essential.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Willing to learn.
- Own (or have access to) reliable transport to our Dunfermline based store.
Apply for this role by emailing email@example.com You must include a cover letter and CV.