Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and consistently profitable business established as a small father & son grass-root outfit in 1999 serving the local community, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set prepared for anything and leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.
Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable sales team on the floor are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. As much as we appreciate candidates having knowledge of at least one discipline of angling, training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. The 2 story showroom, albeit 7000sq/ft, is designed to maximise space and a comfortable flow of product. As you can imagine, with 10’s of thousands of items in our inventory there are sophisticated stock control measures in place that the entire team know intimately and receive intensive training on. Most importantly to us, we pride ourselves on the best customer service available in the angling retail industry and (often, though not essential) a hospitality background can prove an asset for candidates pursuing a position with us making the customer feel comfortable and important.
- Behind the scenes we have a team maintaining our own unrivalled benchmark angling e-commerce website, populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email helpdesk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the positive and experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the mail order department is committed to providing first class and immediate turn-around of web and tele-sales professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
We are always looking out for the next best candidate to bring their talent to our team and diversify our skill-set further. If you feel you have something to contribute to the future success of the business unique to you, we want to hear from you. Impress us.
Current Positions Available
A career opportunity has arisen for a confident and experienced Stock Room Manager to work 40 hours per week in an angling environment.
The diverse role is at the heart of this family run business ensuring product is received in perfect working order, organised, replenished in a timely manner, accurately accounted for in our computerised stock management system, and handed over to the shop floor staff for order fulfilment and presentation in our showroom.
As part of the Angling Active team, you should be passionate about angling and have an interest in most types of fishing and the countryside. Angling Active is renowned across the UK and further afield for the highest level of service that consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations. It’s through your willingness to meet these customer service levels that the team make sales and drive the stores profitability. Your support of the shop floor team by providing slick performance and accurate information will ultimately benefit the shopper’s experience and raise the ever growing presence of Angling Active.
We are currently looking for a Stock Room Manager to work Monday – Friday at 40 hours per week. This would be perfect for an experienced stock room individual that is looking to move in to a management position and take on the responsibilities included.
Trial period applies.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Processing deliveries - Reception of deliveries and organised booking in of product.
- Managing delivery/invoicing inconsistencies
- Professional internal and external communication.
- Stock takes and stock management.
- Price updates.
- Supplier returns.
Your Winning Qualities:
- Competent computer skills ie. fluent use of excel spread sheets.
- Experience of EPOS systems would be extremely advantageous.
- Naturally organised in order to keep a tidy and efficient stockroom.
- Good numeracy and verbal communication skills.
- Good levels of personal grooming and presentation.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Willing to learn.
- Own (or have access to) reliable transport to our semi-rural location just outside Stirling.
- An interest in angling will be extremely advantageous.
Apply for this role by emailing email@example.com You must include a cover letter and CV.