Join Our Team - Recruitment - Angling Active
Angling Active - fishing retail jobs and recruitment
Current Positions Available
Sales Assistant – Full Time
Are you an experienced fly angler, looking to share your passion? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Full time 38hrs per week
Regular weekend work
Reports to: Shop Floor Manager
Our shop floor is a fast paced environment! We are looking for an individual that thrives on multitasking and has a keen eye for detail.
You will assist in-store customers with an enthusiastic attitude and help with their needs. A positive can-do approach to efficient stock replenishment and general housekeeping procedures is a must.
***Previous experience in a customer facing role and broad angling knowledge is essential.***
- Welcome customers to the store and make them feel comfortable throughout their visit
- Assist customers with locating items and answer their queries
- Work as part of the sales team to achieve store and merchandising objectives
- Operating tills and accurately process payments
- Increasing your own product knowledge
- Self motivated to maintain high standards
- Supporting and getting involved in day to day activities as and when required
- Communicate effectively with line management and other departments
- Ensure check lists are being actioned
- Processing permits
- Reviewing the shop floor sales area (daily)
- Answer telephone calls
- Uphold excellent housekeeping at all times
- Any other reasonable duty requested by management
- Good time keeping
- Help with rolling stock checks
- Regular weekend work
- Fly Fishing (double & single handed)
- All round angling knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent communication
- Team working
- Organisational skills
- Company pension
- Staff discount
Salary: negotiable dependant on experience
All applications are to be directed to the Managing Director by email only, please apply by sending an email with a covering letter and C.V. to email@example.com
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and successful business established as a small father & son outfit in 1999, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.
Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable in store sales team are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. Training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available in the angling retail industry in a relaxed and non-pressurised manner.
- Behind the scenes we have our own, in-house dedicated team of web developers and content editors maintaining our e-commerce website. This is populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us, inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email help desk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the order dispatch team is committed to providing immediate turn-around of our distance sales, accurately and professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.