Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and successful business established as a small father & son outfit in 1999, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable in store sales team are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. Training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available in the angling retail industry in a relaxed and non-pressurised manner.
- Behind the scenes we have our own, in-house dedicated team of web developers and content editors maintaining our e-commerce website. This is populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us, inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email help desk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the order dispatch team is committed to providing immediate turn-around of our distance sales, accurately and professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
Current Positions Available
Angling Active is seeking a full time “Website Administrator”.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Website Administrator to join this leading angling & outdoor equipment store in Stirling.
Full time 40hrs p/w, Salary – competitive dependant on experience
Regular weekend work
Reports to: E-commerce Manager
- Generate e-commerce website content
- Improve and update existing web content
- Work to build traffic and sales via our website
- Write product descriptions
- Edit product images
- Provide sales assistance to customers via email and telephone
- Answer incoming calls and process customer orders
This role would suit a dedicated, self driven individual with excellent written language skills, backed up by a higher English qualification and strong interest in digital technology. They will be working closely with other members of staff to maintain, update and enhance our company’s web presence.
Daily tasks will include adding and updating products to our website, taking time to research each product and develop an interesting, factual and natural product listing that helps visitors make an educated purchase decision.
Other tasks include providing sales and technical help to customers via email and telephone, keeping communication courteous, professional and polite.
In addition, the individual will be able to participate in team meetings on ways to improve the website and contribute towards marketing campaigns. This will allow the successful candidate an opportunity to voice their ideas to help shape the future of the company.
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communication, including impeccable grammar
- Higher English or a similar qualification is essential
- Efficient and hardworking
- Excellent computer literacy
- Strong commitment to customer service
- An understanding of digital content and its impact on a company’s web presence would be an advantage
- The ability to manage your own time and workload effectively
- Angling experience would be highly advantageous
- An understanding of HTML and Photoshop is desirable
All applications are to be directed to the Managing Director by email only, please apply by sending an email with a covering letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org