Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and consistently profitable business established as a small father & son grass-root outfit in 1999 serving the local community, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set prepared for anything and leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.
Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable sales team on the floor are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. As much as we appreciate candidates having knowledge of at least one discipline of angling, training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. The 2 story showroom, albeit 7000sq/ft, is designed to maximise space and a comfortable flow of product. As you can imagine, with 10’s of thousands of items in our inventory there are sophisticated stock control measures in place that the entire team know intimately and receive intensive training on. Most importantly to us, we pride ourselves on the best customer service available in the angling retail industry and (often, though not essential) a hospitality background can prove an asset for candidates pursuing a position with us making the customer feel comfortable and important.
- Behind the scenes we have a team maintaining our own unrivalled benchmark angling e-commerce website, populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email helpdesk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the positive and experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the mail order department is committed to providing first class and immediate turn-around of web and tele-sales professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
We are always looking out for the next best candidate to bring their talent to our team and diversify our skill-set further. If you feel you have something to contribute to the future success of the business unique to you, we want to hear from you. Impress us.
Current Positions Available
We are one of the UK’s largest multi-channel independent retailers of angling equipment and clothing. Based in Stirling we are the go to store for anglers travelling through Scotland and beyond. Our flagship store is fully supported with an industry leading ecommerce website. Our dedicated team thrive on the fast moving and exciting world of retail! Through our sales channels we process orders to be sent all over the UK and worldwide.
The success of any business depends on the people it employs, and here at Angling Active we look to you to play your part in ensuring the success of the business.
You will report to: Managing Director
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Coordinating all marketing for the company.
- Responsible for brand management and our corporate identity.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Establish marketing goals based on past performance and business forecasts.
- Research and analyse market trends, demographics, competitor prices, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies.
- Work as part of a team to develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels and sales staff.
- Communicate with various media/advertising agencies and other services to help marketing projects come to fruition.
- Co-ordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities both in-store and online.
- Preparing and creating online and print marketing material (on page adverts, blog posts, banners adverts and social content).
- Work within company budget to develop cost-effective marketing plans for each campaign.
- Publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Manage and improve customer campaigns and measure results.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all staff are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Initiate and develop, strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
Required skills for the role
- In-depth knowledge on building customer relationships and increasing footfall.
- Understanding of the disciplines required to drive traffic to websites (ppc, email, link generation, PR, SEO & offline marketing etc)
- Excellent Communication
- Great work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Image manipulation
- Experience using packages like Excel and Photoshop
Minimum 3 years in an advertising role, social media advertising platforms and CMS (Wordpress, Magento). Angling experience would be advantageous.
Negotiable dependant on experience
Apply for this role by emailing email@example.com You must include a cover letter and CV.