Have you got what it takes? Our staff make us who we are!
At Angling Active, we recognise that talented people are our most important asset. An ever growing and consistently profitable business established as a small father & son grass-root outfit in 1999 serving the local community, we are now a large team with a powerful and enviable skill-set prepared for anything and leading the way in the recreational angling industry throughout the UK and Internationally.
With Angling Active’s business growth comes increasing investment in the people within it, and thus a genuine sense of pride within our core values is recognised amongst us and by our customers.
Our team handles every aspect of retail internally where possible. Key to this is our range of talent:
- The knowledgeable sales team on the floor are ready to welcome everyone that walks in the door and establish exactly what that customer wants from his or her visit. As much as we appreciate candidates having knowledge of at least one discipline of angling, training schedules maximise our ability to provide credible advice and product suggestions to the already knowledgeable customer. The 2 story showroom, albeit 7000sq/ft, is designed to maximise space and a comfortable flow of product. As you can imagine, with 10’s of thousands of items in our inventory there are sophisticated stock control measures in place that the entire team know intimately and receive intensive training on. Most importantly to us, we pride ourselves on the best customer service available in the angling retail industry and (often, though not essential) a hospitality background can prove an asset for candidates pursuing a position with us making the customer feel comfortable and important.
- Behind the scenes we have a team maintaining our own unrivalled benchmark angling e-commerce website, populated with unique and creative content and supported by marketing and media materials that are constantly produced by us inspired by UK events, seasons and our customers.
- The sophisticated store room has state of the art systems in place and managed full time to manipulate the huge number of incoming product deliveries into our formula of procedures and systems.
- The phones and email helpdesk are managed by dedicated and fully trained representatives that continue the positive and experience-driven service we offer across the business.
- Lastly, the mail order department is committed to providing first class and immediate turn-around of web and tele-sales professionally packed and dispatched to UK and international locations.
We are always looking out for the next best candidate to bring their talent to our team and diversify our skill-set further. If you feel you have something to contribute to the future success of the business unique to you, we want to hear from you. Impress us.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter and CV.