DetailsThe Shimano STC Exage BX Mini Telespin is a premium, telescopic spinning rod and is the ultimate choice for travelling anglers. This range of rods are lightweight, tough and can collapse to an incredibly compact scale to fit in your bag.
All the spinning rods in this range can telescope down to a travel size of less than 40cm. They fit simply and effortlessly into backpacks, rucksacks and are excellent for fishing trips abroad as they will fit into your luggage with complete ease.
The blank is constructed from ultra durable XT60 carbon and features Shimano's stainless steel hardlite guides that are lightweight, high performing and super strong. The guides are supported by an Aero Guide system to give a perfect inline guide setting and improve casting distance. Each rod also has a hook keeper ring for you to wind your line in tight and make it even easier for you to travel from place to place.
The handles are made of high quality cork and feature a Vibraspot reel seat that is moulded to fit the placement of your thumb. With the unusual exposed reel seat design, the reel fits securely against the blank of the rod. This contact means you will feel the fish on the line coming down the blank and have sensitivity to feel the smallest of bites. You can combine the shorter rods in the range with 500 or 1000 size Shimano reels and you will have a perfectly balanced, go any-where outﬁt. The longer models are capable of handling up to a 4000 sized reel, however with a large reel you lose some of the finesse of this rod so we suggest keeping your reel and line combination as light as possible.
The Shimano STC Exage BX Mini Telespin is provided with it's own carry case that allows you to pack away your rod with your reel still attached. The 8ft and 9ft versions of the Mini Telespin collapse even further as the handle can screw off as well.
When you are collapsing your rod we suggest you use two hands to gently grip and twist the blank, guiding the sections downwards. Please try to avoid pushing hard or forcing the section down as this is sure to damage the eyes, whipping and varnish.
The STC Exage BX Mini Telespin is one of the highest quality telescopic spinning rods built today and is available in various lengths and casting weights to suit all styles of fishing.
Shimano XT60 Carbon Blank
Stainless Steel Hardlite Guides
Shimano Aero Guide System
Shimano Vibraspot Reel Seat
Durable Travel Case Included
- Size Charts
Model Length (m) Transport Length (cm) Weight (g) Number of Guides Sections Casting Weight (g) 18ML 1.80 30 95 8 10 7-21 21ML 2.10 36 120 8 10 7-21 21M 2.10 36 124 8 10 10-30 24M 2.40 38 138 8 11 10-30 27ML 2.70 38 154 8 11 7-21 27M 2.70 38 158 8 11 10-30
Brand Shimano Barcode No Rod Length No Casting Weight No Rod Sections Telescopic
What our customers say..
9 independent reviews written by our visitors
- Rod is a great bit of kit good action caught a few big fish using it as a float rod and as a feeder rod just not got to use it as a spin rod yet so 3 rods in one for one great price a must have travel rod if your always on the move Review by Total fishin (Created 08/08/2016)
- Really quick delivery. Comes in amazing protective case which you can fit a reel into as well. top quality rod. I have bought quite a few telescopic rods before and this one is the only one I have had that feels like it is built to last! Can definitely handle large river game! Review by JOEMCGOWAN (Created 09/09/2015)
I travel with it years already and can't get enough. One became default equipement of my car (fits to my glove compartement!) another gets with me wherever I go with plane. Several Mepps Aglia 3-5 in a plastic bag for protection, two floaters, hooks and leads enter easily inside the protective tube, one does not even have to take his suit off to seduce local spikes!
Try to treat it like your wife though, like other telescopes it will suffer if you hit it too hard against some branches when fishing. My first one, little damaged like that, broke under 3kg spike.
It's not an average rod. Its luxury accesory :) Review by ost (Created 13/03/2015)
- received item quickly and upon first inspection was pleased and can't way to give it a try Review by funkyfisherman (Created 12/09/2014)
received item sooner than expected, was really pleased with quality a bit expensive but have used several times and item is better than i first thought.
Review by funkyfisherman (Created 12/09/2014)
- Thank u it was a good deal with fast shipping. A+++ Review by Andy (Created 26/03/2014)
- Very surprised at the quality of this rod for the price. It arrived today so as yet I haven't had a chance to use it. Looking forward to better weather where I'll use it in my kayak. Really liked the rod and reel case which came with the rod. It will stay in my travel bag on future overseas trips Review by Peter (Created 21/01/2014)
I've used the telespins for years and it a super versatile little rod. I use the older Exage AX STC MTE 210M 7' with cast weight 10g -30g with 28lb braid. I've found with this set up I can cast very light spinners right up to the 4" storm perch wildeye lures. The rod had a light crisp tip action for the lighter spinners with lots of power in the lower sections when you land that bigger fish. It's the best action telescopic I've found.
Be careful though, the rings are very fragile and prone to bend. Do not put pressure on rod rings when setting up or packing down rod. Also be very careful when you put the rod back into the hardcase. Put rod in first followed by the butt section.
Perfect all rounder especially if you like to hike, travel or keep mobile.
Hope this helps
Jon Review by Jonthepike (Created 09/10/2013)
- A really fantastic piece of engineering, compact to carry in a useful case but extends into a well built, quality rod. Ordering was easy with a great layout to the website matched by very fast delivery and updates on its progress. Faultless. Review by rkam007 (Created 15/05/2013)
- Why Shop With Us?