DetailsThe Shakespeare Oracle Switch Fly Rod is one of the finest examples of a switch rod available. Fishing in Summer conditions for grilse or seatrout as a double or single handed fly rod, there can be nothing more accomplished for the job. This rod offers the best of all worlds in versatility especially with the two line weights available.
This switch rod is lightweight, four piece and is being acknowledged as a superb tool for beginners learning Spey casting without the daunting prospect of moving up to a 10/11 weight rod. The Oracle Switch is also becoming a thoroughly enjoyable rod for the most experienced of anglers.
These rods have a satin matt blank finish and also feature a traditional high quality AAA cork handle. Each handle has composite cork at each end to provide a longer lasting and durable handle for the rod.
These rods have smooth, ceramic lined eyes to make sure your fly line glides smoothly through the rod and also feature a keeper ring that allows you to wind your fly and line in tight when you're walking from place to place.
The rods have a subtle black and green shimmer throughout the design and a glistening shiny green accent colour near the base.
The Shakespeare Oracle Switch Fly Rods come in an 11ft length with different AFTM ratings available. Each rod comes with their own Cordura tube with a carry handle.
The recommended line weights for the 7/8 model is 23 grams whereas for the 8/9 model it is 29 grams.
High Modulus Carbon Blank
AAA quality cork
Satin Matt blank finish
Aluminium Reel seat
Stainless Steel Zirconium insert striper guide
Stainless Steel single leg guides
Supplied in a Cordura tube with carry handle
- Size Charts
Rod Models Available
Code Length AFTM Sections Transport Length Handle Weight RRP Our Price Availability 1402830 11ft #6/7 4pc D/HAND - £109.99 £99.99 In Stock 1366100 11ft #8/9 4pc D/HAND 163g £99.99 £89.99 In Stock 1366099 11ft #7/8 4pc D/HAND 162g £99.99 £89.99 In Stock
Brand Shakespeare Stock Location U-S Rod Length 11ft Rod Sections 4pc Transport Length No Handle Type No Rod Action No Colour No
What our customers say..
9 reviews written by our visitors
- I had a low, very low budget to start salmon fly fishing. So I got a 8/9 weight one as Angling Active staff helped me to get my setup and recommended for me to fish for salmon on small river. I was practising to cast and really enjoyed to learn differnet spey cast with it. For me as a beginner with two-handed rods was easy to handle the short head shooting head and managed to cast well. I just hooked a kelt yesterday and I was surprised about the rod how easy controlled the fish. Fantastic rod for someone who want to start with double handed rod on small waters or on low budget. Than you. Review by Laszlo (Created 08/02/2020)
- Honestly the best angling online supplier out there. I've tried them all and have received consistently amazing service from Angling Active. Not tried the rod yet but the reviews are good and looking forward to it. Give them a try....you'll never go anywhere else! Review by Don (Created 27/10/2019)
- Very good for considering price. Very light with a stiff action capable of turning over the fly with ease. Very handy addition for small to medium rivers. Review by Mike (Created 24/09/2018)
- Excellent value and a great product,used it for the first time last weekend,performs great!!! Review by David (Created 20/09/2018)
Like most folk I searched various on line shops for this rod because I really was on a tight budget and also it was my first venture into the switch world. No seller came close to Angling Active for price, customer service and delvery. The rod is light and with a correctly rated reel and line performs extremely well. I am well pleased with my purchase and confident this rod will serve me well for years to come.
Review by BRIAN (Created 15/09/2018)
After reading reviews and searching for a dealer it became obvious that Angling Active was by far the best deal. I bought the 8/9 rod.
The rod is excellent for the price. The reel seat is nice quality with twin up locking fixing. The colour is a lovely dark green matt finish. The cork is not AAA quality but is as good as I have seen in rods twice the price and the cordura case is a nice touch to be included in the price. I have matched it with a 42ft head spey line and it fairly flies out with this . Several guys at the fishing hut have tried it and are impressed. Review by George (Created 09/05/2018)
- Really good quality rod for a very attractive price. Review by Thomas (Created 19/03/2018)
- excellent , better than I hoped , no need to buy more expensive rods Review by ian (Created 18/08/2015)
- A truly excellent rod, light, powerful but with the right level of sensitivity. And for those who don't know, my wife ordered this rod around 11am on the Thursday and ParcelForce were at my door 12.30 the following day. Considering there was no claim made as to when the rod would be delivered I can only say that level of service is very hard to beat. Review by smudge (Created 03/08/2015)
- Why Shop With Us?