DetailsThe Shakespeare Oracle EXP Salmon fly rod is the 6 piece travel version of the Oracle Spey rod. This is ideal for anglers who need a rod that can be stored easily in the boot of the car, or carried in a suitcase, but can still handle the requirements of any accomplished or beginner angler.
Many anglers purchase this as a back-up rod just in case their main rod breaks during a trip. In our experience though, the quality and performance of this rod is so good, many anglers swap to the Oracle as their main rod once they have used it.
With the same great features as the other Oracle rods in the range this multi piece Salmon Fly Rod is certain to be popular with anglers who wish a high quality, yet portable fly rod. The biggest quality has to be the exceptional price point.
If you are thinking about getting into Salmon fishing, then the Oracle series is one of your best options.
Fit a ‘Spey’ or ideally a ‘Shooting head’ line to this rod and watch it perform with ease.
Ideal Spey head weight:
#8/9 - 44g / 52ft
#9/10 - 48g / 56ft
#10/11 - 52g / 60ft
Ideal Shooting head weight:
#8/9 - 32g / 39ft
#9/10 - 36g / 40ft
#10/11 - 40g / 42ft
High Modulus Carbon Blank
Aluminium Reel Seat
Satin Matt Blank Finish
Stainless Steel Snake Intermediate
AAA quality cork
Supplied with a Cordura Tube
- Size Charts
Rod Models Available
Code Length AFTM Sections Handle Weight RRP Our Price Availability 1293991 14ft9 #10 6pc D/HAND 310g £159.99 £134.99 In Stock 1293992 13ft9 #9 6pc D/HAND 272g £149.99 £124.99 In Stock 1293993 12ft9 #8 6pc D/HAND 246g £139.99 £114.99 In Stock
Brand Shakespeare Barcode No Stock Location No AFTM Rating No Rod Sections 6pc Transport Length No Handle Type No Rod Action No Colour No
What our customers say..
8 independent reviews written by our visitors
- Picked this up yesterday so tried a few lines in a field test today. Excellent with AFS SH 8/9, ok with Snowbee 2d spey and even managed a full 30 yrds easiliy with a 42 g Mackenzie SH. Felt overloaded but cast 42 gms ok. I was really pleasantly surprised as usually use sage and guideline costing 5x as much. Ideal for light weight seatrouting and summer salmon. Review by holland the otter (Created 19/06/2016)
High level rod, excellent quality and ...hope a lucky rod to catch my first salmon:
Great value for money! Review by Gigi (Created 14/06/2016)
- I bought this for fly to Scotland it's ideal Review by Glen (Created 04/05/2016)
- ...excellent like my other Oracle EXP in 12,9' and 13,9'. Best value for the Money. Review by Dietmar (Created 03/05/2016)
When I received this rod, which I will use as back up, I was really astonished for the value for this small amount. I tell a firend of mine and ask me when I order the #8 too to order another #9 for him too. And so it happened. :)
Dietmar Jansen Review by Dietmar (Created 11/02/2016)
- The oracle EXP rod is well finished and has dots for aligning the sections when putting the rod together. It breaks down to a convenient size to go inside a suitcase so no additional baggage charges when flying. The rod casts well and is suitable for even the largest rivers. Why spend more on a rod when this will do everything which you require. Review by Willow (Created 28/11/2014)
- I needed a rod to fit into a suitcase and decided on the six piece Shakespeare EXP 12'9" salmon rod. I ordered it on a Monday afternoon and Angling Active managed to get it to me in the South of England by noon the next day - a fantastic service. I am delighted with the rod itself, which is excellent and very good value for money. As a bonus, it also caught two fish first time out! A huge success all round. Review by NM (Created 22/08/2014)
- Very nice product in a spacious cordura tube, excellent for travlling, waiting for grilse and salmon. Extremly fast delivery to the south of germany within only two days. Good value for this price. Review by Angling Star (Created 06/04/2014)
- Why Shop With Us?