DetailsTrying to improve upon the Agility series almost seems impossible but the Shakespeare Agility 2 Fly Rod will exceed your expectations, dazzling anglers with its superior blank performance and cosmetics, the Agility 2 is going to seriously impress you.
The engineers at Shakespeare have worked diligently and have succeeded in creating the 4 piece Agility 2, an exceptional range of superb value fly rods that have had significant improvements to the previous model.
One improvement includes a higher grade of 36/40 ton carbon use throughout the blanks to make the rods slimmer and lighter in weight, as well as enhancing their durability. The actions of each rod have also been carefully refined to adapt to the modern trends in faster actions and provide amazing casting potential.
The rods are all fitted with quality Zirconium Oxide Stripper guides and the handle is made of AAA cork with an engraved aluminium reel seat. The handles of the Agility 2 range have also been upgraded to give fly anglers a more versatile way of holding and managing the rod.
The 7ft, 8ft, 8ft6 and 9ft versions all feature a slim half wells handle and there is a full wells handle featured on the 9ft6, 10ft and 11ft versions.
The 9ft6 #6, 9ft6 #7, 10ft #6 and over models are supplied with a removable fighting butt and an additional 4 inch extension handle that gives you double handed casting capabilities when required.
Finally, the new look of the Shakespeare Agility 2 Fly Rod is simply stunning. Embodying a beautiful pearled grey finish and silver detailing throughout, along with white typographical logos near the top of the cork handle.
The Shakespeare Agility 2 is available in a range of models covering all types of fishing from the smallest of rivers through to largest of lakes and reservoirs. Each rod is supplied in a quality cordura tube.
36/40 ton carbon blank
4 piece design
Zirconium Oxide Stripper guides
Engraved Aluminium reel seat
AAA Cork handles
Slim Half Wells handle on the 7ft, 8ft, 8ft6 and 9ft versions
Full Wells handles on the 9ft6, 10ft and 11ft versions
Removable fighting butt and additional 4inch (10cm) extension handle supplied with 9ft6 #6, 9ft6 #7 and all models 10ft #6 and above
Pearlized grey finish with silver detailing
Supplied in quality cordura tube
- Product Video
- Size Charts
Rod Models Available
Code Length AFTM Sections Transport Length Handle Weight RRP Our Price Availability 1407179 11ft #7 4pc 94cm FW+EH 186g £89.99 £79.99 In Stock 1407180 11ft #6 4pc 94cm FW+EH 185g £89.99 £79.99 In Stock 1380995 10ft #8 4pc 86.5cm FW+EH 149g £79.99 £69.99 In Stock 1380996 10ft #7 4pc 86.5cm FW+EH 147g £79.99 £68.00 In Stock 1380997 10ft #6 4pc 86.5cm FW+EH 139g £79.99 £69.99 In Stock 1380998 10ft #5 4pc 86cm FW 114g £74.99 £64.99 In Stock 1380999 10ft #4 4pc 86cm FW 113g £74.99 £64.99 In Stock 1381000 10ft #3 4pc 86cm FW 108g £70.99 £64.99 In Stock 1381001 9ft6 #7 4pc 82cm FW+EH 141g £74.99 £64.99 In Stock 1381002 9ft6 #6 4pc 82cm FW+EH 131g £74.99 £64.99 In Stock 1381003 9ft #6 4pc 79cm HW 106g £69.99 £59.99 In Stock 1381004 9ft #5 4pc 79cm HW 103g £69.99 £59.99 In Stock 1381005 8ft6 #5 4pc 75cm HW 95g £69.99 £59.99 In Stock
Brand Shakespeare Stock Location U-S Rod Sections 4pc Transport Length No Handle Type No Rod Action Fast Colour Pearl Grey
What our customers say..
7 reviews written by our visitors
- Outstanding quality rods. I bought the 9ft 6wt and a 10ft 8wt and they're nothing short of amazing. I have rods costing 3 times this and they aren't any better than these, essentially making them a waste of money. Great quality and action, and they look great as well. I also own Shakespeare beach rods (after having tried others brands like Daiwa and realised they're rubbish), which I have put through some serious abuse, and they're still going strong to this day. Look no further. Review by Old Man of the Sea (Created 16/12/2019)
- The rod is beautifull, arrived well packed to Italy without problems. This was my first purchase from Angling Active and the service was great! Review by Davide (Created 10/12/2019)
- prompt delivery , reasonable price Review by John (Created 19/05/2019)
- This rod is excellent in all ways Review by Thomas (Created 15/10/2018)
- Excellent product. Excellent service. Review by alan (Created 26/04/2018)
I bought all three lengths in the 6,7 and 8 weight. These rods are spectacular in their action. I have £400 rods and these beat them all. They are very thin, very light and a lovely fast tip action creating tight loops. Quality of the reel fittings and cork isn't fantastic but believe me, the action is superb. I have had over 60 fish on them this month and haven't touched any of my more expensive rods since.
Ps I am in no way related to any fishing company etc. Review by Lee (Created 01/04/2017)
- Used my new Fly Rod, the Agility 2, for the open of season day yesterday and was extremely pleased with its quality and performance. Its lightness and balance with my new Shakespeare Reel led to a great day out. Very pleased with my selection of Rod and Angling Actives speedy delivery. Review by John (Created 02/03/2017)
- Why Shop With Us?