DetailsWe are proud to introduce our new range of all round Spey lines designed to suit all casting abilities and fishing extremes.
The All Round Spey has a head length of 52ft, with a 10ft rear taper that gives flexibility like few other lines, allowing you to cast both short and longer distances comfortably with one line. These lines are as happy casting 48ft of the head, as they are with the full 60ft, giving you all round performance and the ability to vary your casting length to suit the conditions and situation. The advanced front taper has been designed to turn over tapered leaders and large flies with ease.
Our lines are marked with a black sweet spot indicator where the user should hold the line for the optimum short cast. When extra distance is needed, simply release more line to take advantage of the full length head. In short these lines are great for beginners and advanced casters alike. The All Round Spey Lines are great value for money, to keep costs down we have presented them in no-frills packaging meaning we can pass on the savings gained by not boxing these lines in expensive packaging. This allows our team to offer you the best value for money Spey line on the market that’s unlikely to be beaten on price.
An argument often heard on the river bank would be that of “shooting head versus full belly Spey lines”. We believe our all round line offers the best of both disciplines, with the one line allowing you to cover a variety of fishing extremes.
With one line you can short cast to the narrow neck of a pool then strip off another 10ft of line to reach the lines full casting length and send your fly into the distance!
These are soon to be the must have line for Salmon anglers
Our Range of line includes:
Full floating head and running line
Also available as a multi-tip with floating running line and 3 tips – Float, Intermediate and fast sink
• Short variable head length
• Integrated running line
• 2 tone colour
• Sweet spot marker
• Great - poly leader turnover
• Non-stretch core
• Great value for money
Click here to read the review by Springer from the SFF
- Size Charts
Brand Angling Active Stock Location U-S Colour No
What our customers say..
15 reviews written by our visitors
Casts nicely and shoots well.
Review by Glen (Created 04/05/2016)
- ...for this price you get a good line. Review by Dietmar (Created 03/05/2016)
- Suitable and versatil line for summer fishing Review by palomar (Created 29/02/2016)
- i recieved this line along with an oracle spey rod i'd ordered from angling active,the line was a free offer and im glad it was, im not a fan of short spey or shooting head type lines having used long belly lines 80 ft plus, this line changed my view of them it works so easy with the rod its a perfect match,take the line change marker, a black marker in between the head and running line in to the corks and watch it fly out shooting at least 15 pulls of shooting line(orange) with no effort, i think of it as a good mix between a spey line and a shooting head, im wondering just when im going to use my 15 ft rods again as this covers just about everything Review by george (Created 08/09/2015)
I recently bought two Angling Active All Round Spey Lines in 8/9 and 9/10 weights and eventually found time to have a practice cast with them this week in advance of a trip to the Tweed.
Both lines performed extremely well on my 12ft 6 and 14ft European Sages.
I was delighted to be able to find a line that suited the 12ft 6 rod in particular as my previous favourite line for this rod was the now defunct Rio Windcutter.
I kept the black loading point marker at the rear of the head 7 to 8 feet inside the top rod ring which gave me a 54-55ft head which suited myself and the rod perfectly.
I am not a fan of these shooting head and extra short head spey lines that seem to dominate/be the current fashion amongst most fly line brands that are manufactured presently.
The holy grail for me would be if this 8/9 line could be made with an integrated 15ft clear intermediate tip attached.
In the meanwhile these floating lines have no problem dealing with the attachment of a 10ft polyleader.
My advice would be treat yourself and grab a bargain.
Well done Angling Active.
Review by Andrew Jackson (Created 27/06/2015)
- The Angling active all round spey line is without a doubt the best value for money fly line I have ever bought. I fish a small to medium size river using a 14ft rod. Normal spey lines are not much use as the head is too long to make it ideal for shorter casts and I found I rarely got to use them to there full potential. The angling active spey line is perfect for my situation, making short casts and long casts very efficiently. I have used lines up to €80-90 and have to say none casted as well as this line! The line is memory free and very supple with great shoot-ability! I highly recommend! Review by Dandog (Created 24/04/2015)
- Bought two floaters an 8-9 and an 9-10. Super smooth and well made. Can't beat the value of these lines. As a retired fly fishing instructor I have had the fortune, or in some instances the misfortune to try 100's of fly lines through the years. Some good some not so good.......These lines from Active Angling are better than some lines I have used costing four times as much. Only little gripe is the lack of a factory bonded front loop, but hey at the cost.......... Review by ABK (Created 19/04/2015)
- very good looking line value for money haven't tried line yet but looking forward to using it when the season starts Review by chakat (Created 08/03/2015)
- Good quality line at a very good price. Pity that the sinking lines were out of stock. Review by Willow (Created 28/11/2014)
- Product was accurately described and delivery quick. I am very satisfied with the service provided. Thank you. Review by Paul (Created 15/10/2014)
- OK, you can't beat the price and the service. However, as a salmon angler and casting instructor I would prefer a back taper that facilitates keeping the head marker outside the rod tip ring. Review by Laks (Created 15/09/2014)
the 'Angling Active' spey lines are a great design and very versatile, being a great compromise between shooting head and long spey lines. The running line is a heavier gauge than others, making it easier to handle and less prone to tangling.
The price is amazing and communication and delivery were excellent. Review by ? (Created 06/11/2013)
Great value as BOGOF, I got a floater and the 1 2 sinker for the price of a single line. you cannot complain at that. I've not had a chance to use either yet. But the lines feel good enough quality, all spooled up and ready for my trip next week. I wil report back.
Review by DCR (Created 02/10/2013)
- I've used this line all season along with several others at twice the price and more. It performs as well as, if not better than many 'high end' lines, and is all you need in a Spey line. The 8/9 size is great on both my 13ft double hander and 11ft6inch Switch rods. Easy casting , high floating and supple - what more do you need? Would like to have seen a welded loop at the head end though. Review by Steve L. (Created 07/09/2013)
I've used this line several times while passing on some casting tips to a friend.
I was so impressed with it that I bought one for myself.
I found it difficult to believe that a line costing £24.99 could be so good. It compares very well with lines costing more than twice as much.
At this price, you can't go wrong. Great value for money ! Review by Crawford (Created 14/04/2013)
- Why Shop With Us?