DetailsOur range of Factory Seconds Shooting Heads are shooting head fly lines that did not meet the manufacturers quality control standards, yet are still perfectly fishable and offer anglers amazing value for money.
If you are on a budget, a beginner or even just looking for a cheap second shooting head, these lines are perfect for you.
These shooting heads are manufactured by one of the largest and prestigious line manufacturers in the UK. They are available in the most popular types and weights and have an RRP of £59.99, offering incredible value for money.
To help you choose your shooting head, the Floating option is a standard floating line and the Float/Int Tip is a floating head with an intermediate, slow sinking tip. The Intermediate option is a full slow sinking head and the Sink 3 is a medium sinking shooting head.
The Float Long option is a Spey Head, designed to be attached to a running line and has a 52ft head length. Due to the length, you could custom cut this head to suit your fishing scenario.
The Factory Seconds Shooting Head Lines are supplied loose, with no additional packaging other than our own postal packaging.
Please be aware that they are classed as factory seconds so they may have slight discolouration and contain slight imperfections in the coating or taper.
- Size Charts
Brand Angling Active Stock Location S Colour No
What our customers say..
5 reviews written by our visitors
- Love these shooting heads, they work great if you're willing to gamble on style/taper/aren't fussy and just want something that works. Review by Steven (Created 10/01/2018)
- This shooting head is really top quality for very little money. It's ideal if you want an inexpensive line or if you want to experiment with different weights and lengths. I ordered the 9/10 hoping to get somewhere near the weight and length I wanted and for anyone that is interested, this particular shooting head weighed in at 35 grams with a head length of 39 feet. It casts a dream and the colour is very similar to the Rio 'straw', only slightly more yellowy. All that's required is to add some Roman Moser braided loops or make your own. Review by David (Created 23/07/2017)
- The 10/11 factory seconds long floating shooting head is a supple spey line in pale blue with lots of flotation. I plan to use it as my main floating line, full length, but you could shorten it and still have a good, punchy shooting head capable of turning over big flies. Very satisfied! Review by Eric (Created 15/05/2017)
- The 10/11 factory seconds intermediate shooting head looks and feels like a premium line - transparent green with a braided core, good taper and fast loading. A good choice for striped bass and excellent value. Review by Eric (Created 15/05/2017)
- The factory second sink 3 shooting head I ordered from Angling Active was absolutely first class. I was so impressed, I've ordered two more - a floating long and an intermediate. These lines may be the best value in fly fishing today. Thanks, Angling Active! Review by Eric (Created 05/05/2017)
- Why Shop With Us?