DetailsTo help people catch more fish, Airflo have developed this new aggressive short head 40+ Sniper Fly Line. The Sniper features an easy casting condensed head with a thick tip diameter, ideal for turning over heavier flies.
This line is suitable for both freshwater and saltwater applications as this line has a saltwater safe, polyurethane coating. This coating additionally improves line performance, durability, UV resistance and chemical resistance. The supple coating is also enhanced to suit cooler water temperatures and the low stretch power core provides improved line stability.
While primarily designed as a Saltwater fly line, the sniper has a popular fan base in the UK with Pike and predator anglers thanks to it's ability to easily cast and turn over large, heavy flies.
The Sniper also features a Dual Head Design which allows the line to perform as well for lesser casters as it does for advanced casters. Lesser casters can cast the line with only the front 15 feet of the line past the rod tip while the more capable casters will aerialise the entire 30ft head to achieve maximum distance.
The Airflo 40+ Sniper Fly Line is available in a range of densities to suit the needs of all conditions and you can choose your choice of line from our drop down menu.
The Floating and Intermediate lines in this range are looped both ends. The Sink 3, Sink 7 and Custom Cut are looped in the rear only.
Available in the following types:
Floating - Pale Grey / Yellow
Intermediate – Clear Blue / Yellow - 1.5 inches per sec
Sink 3 - Dark Green / Yellow - 3 inches per sec
Sink 7 - Black / Yellow - 7 inches per sec
Custom Cut - Black / Yellow - 9/10 inches per sec
The Custom Cut is rated for a #10 weight and can be cut down to suit most weight ratings.
Suitable for freshwater and saltwater
Patented dual layer polyurethane construction
Improved life span, UV resistance and chemical resistance
Low stretch power core
Supple coating optimised for cooler water temperatures
- Size Charts
Type Weight Total Length Head Length Tip Front Belly Rear Running Line Head Weight Float WF8 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 315gr Float WF9 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 375gr Float WF10 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 425gr Intermediate WF8 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 315gr Intermediate WF9 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 375gr Intermediate WF10 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 425gr Sink 3 WF8 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 315gr Sink 3 WF9 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 375gr Sink 3 WF10 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 425gr Sink 7 WF8 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 315gr Sink 7 WF9 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 375gr Sink 7 WF10 120ft 30ft 1ft 6ft 22ft 2ft 90ft 425gr Custom Cut T14 120ft 30ft 1ft Level Level Level 90ft 490gr
Brand Airflo Stock Location U Colour No
What our customers say..
8 reviews written by our visitors
The line is really good and I love it. It turns big flies with no problems.
Review by Georgi (Created 13/03/2020)
- Great pike fly line turns over the biggest streamers and is so easy to cast long distances. Review by Mathew (Created 26/01/2020)
- Really fantastic casting line . Turns over even massive flies and is slick and supple even in cold water . Superb . Review by Derek (Created 10/10/2019)
- Really good fly line for Pike casts and shoots really good but be careful because mine snapped so i had to buy a new fly line after only 4 uses! but had to re buy since it casted so well Review by Niall (Created 10/09/2019)
- Brilliant line for casting big flies in fresh or saltwater Review by Kevin (Created 07/03/2018)
- I ordered this not realising it would not fit on my reel plus backing. The staff at anglingactive walked me through the problem over the 'phone, suggested a workaround including a sort of 'how to' tutorial and it worked perfectly. Real customer service many of us thought was a thing of the past Review by mike muse (Created 15/01/2016)
- This line will get you further with less effort and make you look a pro. Highly recommended. Review by Fishing London (Created 24/03/2015)
Airflo sniper was recommended to me by a good friend and even better pike fly angler. Perfect for big pike flies and excellent for distance casting due to the extra heavy shooting head and ridged running line.
Guideline pike intermediate with a Di3 head is a nice line for getting the fly down that bit deeper and quicker than a standard Inter line. I think for the price that guideline could have sold it with welded loops at both ends like most of its rival lines but I still would recommend it as it has caught me a lot of fish. I broke my last one as it got caught in the prop of an electric motor. I really like the braided core also as this really heightens the takes and helps with hook sets. Review by Madpiker (Created 06/08/2013)
- Why Shop With Us?